|Category 1 - Mirror Mirror Development
- Pencils and inks. I really can't say much about Mirror Mirror,
other than the fact it's a video game that I'm helping put togther.
Whether it ever gets finished is anyone's bet, but we're having a fun time
- Pencils and inks. People keep telling me that this image looks like a
self portrait. I disagree. I look nothing like this
guy, other than the fact that I have long hair and a goatee. My hands
are definitely not that big....
Category 2 - Beast Machines:
The Lost Episodes
- This was a piece of art I designed for the Lost Eps. T-shirt. I
did the initial image in just pencils, and inked it with a regular Bic
pen - which looks horrible for artwork -- while both Sean and I did the
coloring using PhotoShop on my end, and Corel on his.
Death of Mr. Bamt
- This was the promotional pic I did for Episode 10/13. It's also
the first real attempt I made at Drawing NickBee. His appearance
in this image is the only reason he showed up in the Death of Bamt scene,
and spawned his scenes with Benny in Episode 14. Happy coincidence
really, and it gave me a better foundation for Episode 15: Redemption.
But really, since that's how the entire first season's story arcs ended
up coming together, it was a good way to start off the second season.
It's really just pencils, with inking done with a Bic pen. A regular
Bic pen. Like the kind you use at a bank. Sad really.
- This pencil sketch was made during in a fit of boredom while I was brainstorming
ideas for The Lost Episodes, and is what really caused Episode 15.
I have better sketches of Reformatted NickBee, but this is the only scanned
one. It's really faint, but you can see how much cooler he looks
than he did in Season 1.
- This takes the shot of NickBee from above and turns it into something
that looks halfway decent. I did this in ULead iPhoto Express and
GIF Construction Kit for Win95 - so don't let anyone tell you that you
need expensive products to make neat stuff. The original concept
was to take a more detailed version of Nick that looked penciled, but just
have him tinted yellow. I didn't like the way the JPG version looked
(made the text look grainy) so I thought "Hmmm, I'll GIF this!" -- so I
did. And, rather than dither this to a 256 degree palette, I hit
remap. And this turned out. It looked so cool, I decided to
use it instead of my original concept.
- A more defined, and frankly a nicer look at the Reformatted NickBee design.
He actually looks fairly bad ass in this. Inked.
Action Master Bamt
- Mr. Bamt returns from the dead in Season 2 of the Lost Episodes as "Action
Master Bamt". This was drawn and computer colored by myself.
New Bamt, Old Pose
- Mr. Bamt does his classic pose. Colored by myself. This,
in my mind, is proof as to how I've grown as an artist - considering the
original image was done in May of 2000 - and this one was done in May of
- T-Wrecks is actually a character who got a toy, but was never on the
show. He's up here just because I think this fits better up here
than under fan art. Completely drawn, colored, and assembled by yours
Category 3 - Masters Fleet Corporation Staff
- Ilyena is a character that is well... just cool. She's one of the
main characters from a story I'm writing (or at least started and can't
get back to because I can't find the install disk for MSWORKS, and it's
a .wps file...) and is a pretty damn fun subject to draw, if I do say so
myself. This is just a pencil sketch that I don't think does her
justice - but what the heck. Here it is.
Ilyena and Violetta Armenz
- Ilyena and Vi. Vi's a technician and backup pilot for Masters fleet.
I drew this in about a half hour, because I realized that I hadn't drawn
Ilyena in a while, and that I didn't have any nice images of Vi sitting
around. Pencils and Inks.
Vince Vescucci -
His friends call him Vinny, but Ilyena - arguably his closest friend -
still calls him Vince, so Vince it is (You want to argue with Ilyena?).
This is just a pencil sketch, but I like the way it came out. He's
the best Starship Mechanic this side of the Galactic Rim.
- I've always loved this shot. It really brings out what the character's
personality is like - and it shows off his Tenchi style pony-nub.
Category 4 - Raven
Raven with module
- This is a slight modification on the character look, but it's very
much her. Inks and pencils.
- This is a fun shot of Raven. Raven is a character who started showing
up in dreams of mine back in second grade, which is why she warrants her
own category. This is inked, with pencil added to add skin tone.
- This is a more relaxed shot of Raven. Inked, with pencil added
to add skin tone.
Raven in the Mist
- This is Raven in her full gear, ready to kick some ass. I love
this shot. It's inked.
Category 5 - Room 825/PB:ASA Characters
- Based of a guy named Caleb that my roommate Sean went to high school
with, Phil Bond is a character who, by complete accident, becomes a secret
agent. Sound contrived? Well, it is. But it's funny.
Inked in all it's glory.
- An *actual* secret agent from the series, 37 spends most of her spare
time being forced to explain that she is neither Lara Croft, nor Angelina
37 in Arctic Gear -
A set of sketches for "arctic gear" for 37. Just some random fun
Tommy Ngo (Agent 99)
- Agent 37's partner, Ngo sees the whole "Numbers instead of names" thing
as a joke. The concept behind him is a short, asian Miami Vice Don
Johnson.... or a tall, asian MI:2 Tom Cruise. Inked.
Ngo Fear -
Action shot of Tommy. Drawn in a fit of boredom one day. I
don't have much else to comment on this pic, but I do think it looks neat.
Marcus Van Buren
- Vaguely based off of me, Marcus was one of the two main characters from
my VERY short lived Comic strip Room 825. This was done in five minutes
in colored pencils. Sadly, this was the most attention I ever paid
to any of the art - and it just ended up sucking as a strip. Of course,
I'm resurrecting several of these guys for my next strip Phil Bond: Accidental
Secret Agent just because a few people have asked me to resolve the very
few plot lines that existed.
- Vaguely based off of my real roommate Sean, Will was a fun character
to write. Why? Because all of that repressed anger that Sean
has, Will didn't repress. And it was funny. Very funny.
- Vaguely based off of.... absolutely no one. Terry was the
only character who was entirely fictional. Why? Because she was Marcus's
love interest, and while writing the strip I was quite single. Colored
Category 6 - Quest of Alomar
Ilia is the primary character from an RPG script I've been working on.
She is, in fact, a thief, and not some idiot with a sword. Who'd
have guessed. Pencils.
"Quest of Alomar" Character, Nariala is the obligatory "Mage" design...
or is she. I don't know. I just created her recently... and
have yet to write her in. Pencils.
He has an axe. Another "Quest of Alomar" character. He has
huge feet.... I have no idea why. Maybe it's just over compensation...
Category 7 - Random Art
- Nicole is a character that has shown up in many different settings...
I'm considering reviving her in at least one of the current stories I'm
writing -- I just haven't decided what yet. This is just a pencil
Armed Nicole -
This is what happens when you begin sketching a character while your friend
is playing Devil May Cry next to you. Your characters end up with
bizarre ornate weapons... pencils.
- The concept behind Brandi is a "demonic influence" who, due to the current
economic slump, has been forced to take the job of somebody's conscience.
She also is a proposed mascot for NoBrandCon. I Penciled, but David
Recine of "Fanboy" infamy inked her.
- This started off as two drawings. Amanda (the one in the back)
and Brandi are on two separate layers, that I spent three hours positioning....
due more to slow computers than being anal. This is what's appearing
in issue #1 of Fanboy. Pencils, Inks, and ULead iPhoto Express.
Bob the Toothfairy
- This comes from my demented imagination. Don't ask... please.
- An NPC I throw into almost all of my campaigns somewhere in the background.
She's hardly ever there to advance the plot, usually she's just there to
either hurt, distract, or get the players completely drunk. Pencil
Pissed off Mage
- No real background for her -- she's just in a bad bad mood. Pencil
Infamous "Alone" Gargoyle
- I drew this back in... what was it, 1997? But this adorned various
parts of my website for a while, and it actually was the intended cover
image for my yet unnamed RPG. It's a pencil sketch that's been partially
inked with a basic bic pen. I go all out for art supplies, can't
you tell? Yeesh
Death on an Off Day
- This was produced years ago at 5am after an all night gaming session
of Vampire: The Masquerade. I decided I wanted to draw a cartoony
version of the Grim Reaper. It turned out more bizarre than anything
else. Inked badly with a sharpy.
Death on an Off Day 2
- I was on a Grim Reaper kick a few years ago, as you can tell. He's
just some pencils this time, which is thankful considering how bad of an
inker I am. He's supposed to look lonely, but I think he just looks
Category 8 - Ego Shots (Self Portraits of Questionable Accuracy)
The Classic Profile
- I drew this back in '98 so I could test the scanner that has long since
died. It's appeared on my site randomly since then. Pencils,
and actually inked.
- I made this as a joke to be my personal pic for message boards.
It makes me look much cooler than I am - but since the point was to make
fun of people with "bad ass" pics, I guess that's the intended image. Pencils.
With a Hat!
- Originally I was going to use this for my website. Then I changed
my mind. Pencils.
Category 9 - Fan Art
Sal and the Alien
- Sal from It's Walky (http://www.itswalky.com/)
kicking some ass. Pencils.
Sal and the Alien 2-
You wouldn't hurt an amputee, would you? Pencils.
Breakfast with Bludgeon
- Boredom struck, and it struck hard. Bludgeon, the fairly unknown
Decepticon Leader from the Transformers Comics sitting at the breakfast