Skip to Content
   Home   Books | Music | Comics | Humor | Podcasts & Shows | Articles | Fun & Games | FAQs

Something Spiffy This Way Comes.Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The UnCONventional FAQ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: The UnCONventional FAQ Reply with quote

Technically, most of these questions haven't been asked about UnCONventional yet, but I figured I would get them out of the way. Some of these things are stuff that I haven't mentioned in the comic yet (and probably should at some point) and others are things I have mentioned that could easily be forgotten.

Q. Where does UnCONventional/Bork Con take place?
A. It takes place in the fictional Wisconsin town of Eau de Puanteur, WI. It has a population of 40,000 and is located north of Chippewa Falls on Highway 53.

Q. Tara says she's a college student in the first comic and implies the con is run by a student group. What school does she attend?
A. She attends the fictional Clearwater University. Bork Con started as a student group there, and they still have planning meetings on its campus.

Q. This town and University sound familiar -- have I heard of these things before?
A. Stop lying. You've never heard of them before. No one read Full Circle. Full Circle, a previous piece of fiction I co-wrote with two other people also took place in Eau De Puanteur. It was written via the characters' blogs if you're curious. It should be noted that a 21 year old Lynn was one of those characters... and for the five people who read Full Circle, yes, those events DID happen in UnCONventional's timeline. And yes, Marcus from Full Circle is the same Marcus from Room 825... meaning they all share a universe. But I've pulled Room 825 off of the internet, so hopefully you'll never read THAT piece of garbage.

Q. How old are the characters?
A. At the start of the comic (so aging WILL occur) they are as follows:
Tara - 19
Max - 28
Phil - 28
Lynn - 25

Annnnnd...
Awesome Roy - 20
Larry - 21
Sunny - 19
Veronica - 24
Glenn - 54
Jillian - 26

Q. Is Lynn...
A. Yes. Yes she is. But don't spoil it for everyone else.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Questions:

Q. When is Bork Con in the Calendar?
Bork Con takes place in early August, either the first or second weekend.

Q. How many Bork Cons have there been?
A. The first Bork Con was in 2002. UnCONventional begins while they are planning their 9th convention.

Q. Who founded Bork Con?
A. Max and Phil co-founded Bork Con with their friends Will and Marcus. And yes, those are the same Will and Marcus from Room 825.

Q. So Lynn and Marcus were in Full Circle, and Bork Con was in progress -- but Full Circle featured their blogs in August of 2006. Why didn't either mention the convention, especially if Marcus was involved?
A. Umm... because I hadn't created it in my head yet? Officially, Bork Con was held in September that year. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Q. Is there official merch?
A. Why yes! Now watch me plug the store: http://www.cafepress.com/unconcomic

Q. What positions do various characters hold in the Bork Con structure?
A. For Bork Con 2010:
Con Director - Phil
Treasurer - Brian (unseen)
Events Manager - Max
Staffing Manager & Secretary - Lynn
Anime Showings - Jillian
Artist Alley and Art - Sunny
Table Top Gaming - Awesome Roy
Cosplay Contest - Veronica
Equipment - Glenn
Webmaster - Larry
Video Game Room - Maggie
P.R., Other Events, Program Guide, etc - (unseen)

For 2010 Tara holds no position.

For Bork Con 2011
Con Director - Max
Treasurer - Tara
Events Manager - Veronica
Staffing Manager & Secretary - Lynn
Anime Showings - Jillian
Artist Alley and Art - Sunny
Table Top Gaming - Awesome Roy
Equipment - Glenn
Webmaster - Larry
Video Game Room - Maggie
P.R, Other Events, Program Guide, etc - (unseen)

For 2011 Phil holds no position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRHOnline.com Forum Index -> UnCONventional All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: