Skip to Content
   Home   Books | Music | Comics | Humor | Podcasts & Shows | Articles | Fun & Games | FAQs

Something Spiffy This Way Comes.Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The complaints thread....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Changing_Tide
Banned in Tanzania

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: The complaints thread.... Reply with quote

Why do I start a thread now? Because I have no computer! *grumbles* that's my complaint, my computer is dead... dead I tell you!

We're (My boyfriend and I) still trying to piece this together..

My computer has officially stopped working, when it was working, it'd lock up on me for no reason, literally, I'd be listening to music, and it'd lock up, I'd reset it...and it'd pretend to work.. then when I got to the Windows XP load screen, the monitor would fizzle and the screen would go black.. I'd reset it again, and then nothing would happen, I'd have to repeat the (reset button mash) process like 15 times before it even worked.. there was twice I could get it into Safe Mode, but even that stopped..

Upon looking into the case, I found that 6 of the 10 capacitors up against my processor were like.. leaking from the center up on top, there was a reddish dust/rust looking colored stuff on top.. two of them looked like they'd been that way for a while, but there were 4 more that had just happened.. Matt says they're blown. My friend Melissa say's they're leaking, but that's not much better.

This motherboard wasn't even 4 years old. But yeah, it's an older AMD Athlon... can't even get them anymore.. So we're building up two new computers one for my mom (cause she's been bitching me out for the past few days because of this) and one for me...so I have my own computer.. it's gonna be spiffy...and blue.. and metallicy.. ^-^ I'm so happy.. but still depressed, my computer is dead, I've had her for 6 years..

The only good part to this is that Matt's letting me have his Laptop for the time being until I get my own computer built. Which is even odder, he really doesn't like to part with that.. o.o; ah well, I can mooch wireless net off of the Wausau Tech campus now.. Heh.

Trae, would you know what the problem is? or what happened?
And does anybody else have complaints?

(Now I must go.. I'm up at the Spencer Campus on the computers.. I have Christmas Shopping to do before work.. bleh!)

And should we ever disagree.
Then to hell with you, and here's to me!
View user's profile Changing_Tide's TRHBlog Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely Cause: Power Surge.

But that's my "not looking at it" diagnosis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRHOnline.com Forum Index -> Chaos Incarnate All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: