Skip to Content
   Home   Books | Music | Comics | Humor | Podcasts & Shows | Articles | Fun & Games | FAQs

Something Spiffy This Way Comes.Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pet Peeves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellin
Avenger of Good Deeds Unpunished

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Pet Peeves Reply with quote

So, folks, what really gets your goat? Irkes you? Makes you want to stab someone in the eye? Repeatedly?

I, for one, cannot stand it when people use ´net lingo in real world situations. I have a friend I work with here who says L.O.L. and O.M.G. all the time. It makes my eye twitch when I hear people do that. Confused
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That drives me nuts too.

Or, when the right lane is COMPLETELY open on the freeway, but there´s still some guy putzing along in the left lane at 60 miles per hour. That always makes me want to kill.
befu
Tried to Kill the Malaysian Ambassador

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dislike people who bite their nails. ARUGH! i had to sit between two nail biters during out debate on the cold war. i wanted to smack them.

also the people who think it´s kewl to tailgate you going like 73-74 or faster in the left because you´re busy passin´ peoples....or just too lazy to go over (i am!) damn assholes.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new technique for tailgaters is to swerve left and right a little in my lane to scare the hell out of them. It´s better than braking, because you don´t get rear ended, and they also think you´re drunk.

That, and when they pass me, I make it look like I´m asleep. Smile
Kellin

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traegorn wrote:
My new technique for tailgaters is to swerve left and right a little in my lane to scare the hell out of them. It´s better than braking, because you don´t get rear ended, and they also think you´re drunk.

That, and when they pass me, I make it look like I´m asleep. Smile

PURE GENIUS.

Regarding vehicles, there is something I HATE even more than tailgater: people with halogen headlights or who drive with their brights on.

I have a VERY low car (´02 Hyundai Accent 2-door hatchback), so I get blinded whenever anyone has their brights on. And those halogen lights are incredibly painful in my rear view. They should have a switch so only your brights are halogen, that way people would be more inclined to use them in the middle of nowhere (as opposed to in the middle of EVERYWHERE ELSE). Mad
newtypeUK
So much fun, it´s illegal in Tibet

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who drive cars who think they´re better than pedestrians. I´ve lost count of the ammount of times I´ve crossed a war and a car has not slowed down to let me pass.

Geeky People who will not shut up about inconsistancies in Star Trek/Babylon 5/ ANY sci-fi series or just inane stuff to do with that subject that you don´t really want to listen too and just want to pull out the guy´s eyes, jam them in your ears to muffle his screams as you kick him to a bloody pulp...ahem. Sorry, there was this guy back at Uni called John Miles who was quite possibly a stereotypical geek (only with a real ugly beard and having all the girls think he´s a creepy stalker) and actually did more damage to people´s opinions of geeks at my college than I EVER could with a bottle of tequila and a Sailor Moon costume (which never ever happened, but is a decent level of comparison) and he would not SHUT UP...Just...would not. You know, I enjoy the company of people of a geekish nature, hey, I went to NoBrandCon, but with some geeks it´s pretty much ´get out of my face, you irritate even me!´ And when THAT occurs, ooh boy you must be annoying... Ok, plus there is actually a much more important reason why I want to hurt John Miles, but that´s another story.

People who let their pasts rule their lives. Yeah, you were bullied/home life sucked/parent died- You don´t see me going on about my past all the time, do you really?

JapanesePeso, is it wrong that I just hate him with every core of my being with no hope of reprive? Is it wrong that I really want to kick his face in and apologise to people like Reanna, myself and AfMas for all the things he´s done to upset them (especially Reanna.) Maybe it´s because he tried to get me banned from the NBC forums and has been terrible rude to Reanna that ticks me off.

Finally, people who believe that their opinion is the right one and thus everyone should think the same as them. (ex-I think ´Evangelion´ is the best anime ever and anyone who thinks differently is a (deragatory word).)

Oh, and George Bush and the American Government, for screwing over a decent idea like the Constituion...AGAIN!

Welcome to my hate...won´t you?
*sigh* I´m really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words. *grins*
View user's profile newtypeUK's TRHBlog Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scrotorius
Ninja of Gnarly

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys that do the shipping at work. Buncha fat, no-account rednecks who have better wardrobes than social skills. And their wardrobes are pretty yuck.

But I bet they could drink me under the tble no problem.

Five Tons of Flax!!
newtypeUK
So much fun, it´s illegal in Tibet

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrotorius wrote:
The guys that do the shipping at work. Buncha fat, no-account rednecks who have better wardrobes than social skills. And their wardrobes are pretty yuck.

But I bet they could drink me under the tble no problem.

You work with Arsenal supporters?
*sigh* I´m really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words. *grins*
View user's profile newtypeUK's TRHBlog Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellin

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, the people who I work with often irritate me to the point of confrontation. Especially this one lady who sits about 7 feet from me on the opposite side of my half-cubicle.

She rambles on about this and that to herself, when she needs help, she said "I NEED ASSISTANCE" as opposed to finding one of the supervisors (who is most likely helping someone else at that time), and constantly complains like "i want to go home". She´s in her fucking forties, for christ´s sake!
befu
Tried to Kill the Malaysian Ambassador

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap´n Kellin wrote:

Regarding vehicles, there is something I HATE even more than tailgater: people with halogen headlights or who drive with their brights on.

Agreed. I´ve driven home on 29 at various hours of the night (2am being the latest) and it sucks ass with the halogen lights. I had one BEHIND ME for atleast 20 minutes. I couldn´t even look in my side mirror because they were so bright. I was in the left lane and you´d think going in the right wouldn´t make it so bad (they were in the left too) BUT NO. UGH!

Peoples, I don´t care if it´s a 4 lane highway, I CAN STILL SEE YOUR DAMN BRIGHTS! UGH AGAIN!

another pet peeve of mine is a lot of peoples that i nkow. a certain girl that WON´T SHUT UP. She will annoy the hell out of you. I´m only nice and cordial if she talks to me. Dunno how her sisters in her sorority stand her. still surprised how she got in. and she´s going to be a teacher. Shocked
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackasses who trash your workplace so you can´t, y´know, work.

Those people need to be put to death. Or at least forced to go to a Kenny G concert.
Scrotorius
Ninja of Gnarly

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traegorn wrote:
Jackasses who trash your workplace so you can´t, y´know, work.

Those people need to be put to death. Or at least forced to go to a Kenny G concert.
Which would, of course, kill them.

Five Tons of Flax!!
Changing_Tide
Banned in Tanzania

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My way to deal with dumbass drivers is to toy with them.

I had this chick in a little blue car on a cellphone being an idiot on the way to wausau one day.. she kept folliowing me as I would go from right to left while passing people, and then she´d get in the lane to pass me while I´m already going 75. She was doing it stupid, and she nearly clipped my fender, so I cut in front of her, sped up to 80 and kept it, got back in the right lane, kept it at about 78... to make her think she could pass, then I sped up again, eventually after about 20 minutes she gave up, slowed down to 70 and I went back to 73, and all was well. I would have eventually let her pass, but she was on a freaking cell phone. No one is going to cut me off like an idiot and get away with me. No thanks..

... Dad did that yesterday on 10 on the way back to Spencer from Winona, this idiotic guy w/ MN license plates was driving moronic, and he´d tale dad fender to fender almost, so dad swirved a little, he backed up and we passed 2 cars at once, he passed as well, dad sped up to 80, kept it, and the guy slowed down after 3 pass attempts and dad breaking on occasion...

..... I get it from my father, that´s my excuse..

And should we ever disagree.
Then to hell with you, and here's to me!
View user's profile Changing_Tide's TRHBlog Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRHOnline.com Forum Index -> Chaos Incarnate All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: