Skip to Content
   Home   Books | Music | Comics | Humor | Podcasts & Shows | Articles | Fun & Games | FAQs

Something Spiffy This Way Comes.Forum Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Logging in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRHOnline.com Forum Index -> Support/Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Logging in Reply with quote

Trae, your site won't let me log on using Firefox. I hit the log in button, and the page resets to itself rather than where I want to be. Fix it or tell me what stupid thing I'm doing.
View user's profile vanessa's TRHBlog Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you logging in on the front page or are you logging in on the login page.

If you aren't logging in on the front page, make sure you do NOT check the "Keep me logged in" box.

Also- I've adjusted the cookie a few days ago, so you may have to delete your old cookie manually. You can do this in FireFox by Going to Tools > Options > Privacy Tab > Cookies Sub-Tab > Click the "View Cookies" Button > Then Scroll down to TRHOnline and click "Remove Cookie"
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Trae, I am content now.
View user's profile vanessa's TRHBlog Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kellin
Avenger of Good Deeds Unpunished

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that if I keep myself logged in via "remember" here at work, and forget to log out, I can't log in on any other computer.

Then again, this might've been an isolated incident, and it really doesn't matter anyways.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what I have to do to fix this problem with the perma-login being broken. I may just turn off the feature as a short term fix so you aren't presented with the option until I fix it.
Kellin

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to give you the head's up that I can't log in at all on Taeliac's Mac; it wasn't just because I have it set to 'remember me' at work.

I can deal with that, though, as I really don't use her lappy much anyways. I did want to mention it to you, regardless.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellin - honestly, it's probably a cookie issue. I don't know the menu to delete it in Safari, but that should fix it in that case.
Kellin

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, it worked!

Damn, I should've just tried your cookie fix before even posting anything. I'm such a n00b.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have fixed the autologin problem...

...sort of.

It's a temporary fix - but there will be a permanent one once I finish the new index page.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP - I THINK I GOT IT!

I think I FINALLY fixed the login problems!

Tell me if it works! Smile
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...

...did it change after going on the site more? That info box is loaded in an iFrame, so it's technically a different page - and it might have just needed to be reloaded...
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting logged out after making a single reply. Like, I haven't moved away from the site or closed the browser; I had to log in for each reply I've made this morning.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's incredibly abnormal.

Hmm...

Let me take a look, as that isn't happening to me (but I checked the keep me logged in button). I'm going to log out and relogin and see what happens when I don't check the box.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... Vanessa, I have no idea what's going on with your computer. Everything is working fine for me in Firefox.

I redid a lot of the verification code on some pages, but it shouldn't have effected the cookie... I always reccomend removing your login cookie as the first step when you're having problems staying logged in - so of course you should try that. Beyond that...

1. What Browser Are you Using?
2. Make sure that "Allow Cookies" is set in your browser
3. Make sure you are going to http://www.trhonline.com/ and not http://trhonline.com/

Trae needs more information... Sad
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Firefox.
2. I reset my cookies twice and it keeps happening.
3. Definitely going to the right address.

And this is both my home and my work computers it's happening to. I can log in, but your site doesn't want me to stay logged in. Is it punishing me? Have I been bad?
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you clicking the autologin box?
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also -- are you logging in only when you go to reply, or are you logging on from the front page?
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it both ways.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is strange, but can you try it in IE?

(I am honestly scratching my head right now - I can't figure out what is happening, as I've now logged on without problem from three different computers, using different browsers, with and without autologin checked, and I have just now tried reconfiguring the session scripts... geh... Trae's brain hurts... and he can't replicate the issue...)
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IE, everything works.
Traegorn
Your Ineffable Host

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanessa - I've made some adjustments. Any better?
vanessa
The Great Beyond

applaud / smite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's beautiful baby, it's beautiful. Using Firefox, logged in, closed Firefox, came to the page and I'm still logged in. Beautiful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TRHOnline.com Forum Index -> Support/Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: